Friday, March 13, 2009

One Law For Them...

I left work in North London at around 8.45pm yesterday evening, and got on one of the trains I take to get home. As I got on the train, three British Transport Policemen got on behind me, in full gear and everything.

I sat down, while they stood in the area between the doors. I had my back to them so I couldn't see their faces, but I overheard the following conversation that one of the policemen was having on his mobile - his lines only, obviously:

"Where are ya?"
"We're on the fuckin' train!"
"We got on at... yeah, where are you?"
"You fuckin' dick... you fuckin' mong!"
[to the other police] "He got on the wrong fuckin' train!"

Now, can you imagine what would happen if the police had heard you saying the same into your mobile? This was a train filled with people, including one or two children and several elderly folk. I could imagine at least a caution, perhaps worse.

No comments: