It seems what while Gordon Brown's children may not be props - though this photo suggests otherwise - he has no problem with his wife being used as a piece of scenery. Back in September we had her 'surprise' introduction for Gordon at the Labour conference, and now we have this photo:
It comes courtesy of the Mirror, and in particular from Kevin Maguire's latest attempt to insert himself as deeply as possible into Gordon Brown's colon. This might just be the most staged photograph in all of human history. Things to look out for:
- Gordon with his jacket off and Sarah in a simple top. It says 'we're serious, but can relax'.
- Gordon's patented 'paedo smile'. The one which proves he is incapable of smiling like a normal person.
- Gordon is wrapping or unwrapping a present, which makes him look stupid either way. If he's unwrapping it, he's doing it at least four days early. And if he's wrapping it, what sort of stupid bastard tries to wrap a present while balancing it on his knees?
- Sarah sitting on the floor to make the whole thing look more relaxed and informal, but it actually looks like Gordon is hogging all the sofa and refusing to budge up.
- The look of admiration on Sarah's face as she gazes up at Gordon, which makes her look like an extra in a Leni Riefenstahl film.
- It's daytime, but Maguire tells us that Gordon is working "a Herculean 12 hours a day." I therefore presume that Gordon Brown is some sort of vampire, who does most of his actual work at night - when he isn't posing for photographs.
- The angle contributes to Gordon's gigantic puppet head looking even more puppety than usual. Not a sign of it being staged, but important to point out.
If you can see any more examples feel free to put them in the comments.
May-Hammond Cough Sweets Double Act
15 minutes ago