Remember when 'Communities in control; real people, real power' was published I criticised the racial slanting of the 'young advisors'? Well, now Hazel has gone one better than simply over-representing ethnic minorities in youth bodies; now Muslims get one all to themselves. The Young Muslim Advisory Group is made up of 22 Muslims aged between 16 and 25, and will advise ministers on the issues affecting them. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with this idea, but wouldn't it be nice if Hazel could understand proportionality? If the youth of a faith which represents less than 3% of the population get their own advisory group, it would be spiffing if the remaining 97% of us would be afforded the same luxury.
Labour Bollocks is a blog dedicated to correcting, exposing and deriding the bollocks spouted by this Labour Government. As a Tory, it is true that I find doing this quite delightful. However, since the mainstream media doesn't seem that bothered with close scrutiny of the Government, I felt it necessary to add myself to the growing list of bloggers who carry out this important service. The views expressed on this blog are entirely my own, and do not represent those of the Conservative Party.