Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Old News

Yes, more non-Hazel stuff...

I'm in full agreement that something needs to be done about all this financial malarkey. What needs to be done, I don't know; hence why I used the phrase 'financial malarkey'. I was impressed with David Cameron's comments this morning, though I hope his temporarily nonpartisan approach doesn't allow Brown to get away with the problems he has caused. But I'm already disliking the rather deceitful way in which Brown and Darling have presented this protection for savings up to £50,000 as them reacting to the situation.

This was something the FSA suggested to the government back in May this year. And Darling announced his intention to implement this idea in July, with the goal of having the protection in place by the autumn or early 2009 at the latest. So really all Labour are doing is something they said they were going to do anyway. Don't be fooled into thinking this is quick and decisive action being taken - it isn't.

2 comments:

kev g said...

O/T I thought I read a story in the Guardian a few days ago that an idea of Hazel's to make ASBO recipients/ criminals doing community service wear ill-fitting fluorescent jackets was finally going to be implemented after several years on the back burner?

I think Hazel should be made to wear an ill-fitting fluorescent jacket and perhaps a pair of those wire antennae with hearts on that were briefly in vogue c 1983.

The Raven said...

I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the tip.

I also think flashing hearts on the end would be even better ;)