Saturday, May 24, 2008

Welcome to Blears Watch

I happen to think it's rather sad for blogs like this to be necessary. I would like to think of our politicians as people worthy of our trust, whose words do not need to be closely scrutinised and picked apart. Sadly however, if there is one thing this Labour government will be remembered for more than anything else, that thing is spin. Hazel Blears is a walking, talking spin machine. There is nobody else in the government quite so adept at putting a positive light on real difficulties and offering platitudes to keep us content. What's more; she gets away with it far too often.

I hope you will find this blog useful. I welcome all comments, both positive and negative, and I'm always on the lookout for a Hazel Blears story that has been hidden away! Alas, I'm afraid this blog isn't the result of an unhealthy obsession or anything like that; I'm not that interesting. It is simply part of a desire to hold our elected representatives to account, with particular focus on one individual.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I think this is an excellent blog and Ms Blears needs watching. She is a two faced lying sneaky bitch.(I still find her attractive though)

The Raven said...

Thanks Robin, though I can't say I agree with your final point...